Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Alright, so I'm not the HUUUUUUUGEST fan of Fox's runaway hit Glee, but holy moly, Jane Lynch TEARS IT UP in this remake of Madge's iconic vid 'Vogue'!! She's hilarious in this promo for next week's episode...
I have been, however, a huge fan of Jane Lynch since the good ol' Christopher Guest years. Fav Jane Lynch quote:
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Charitybuzz.com is teaming together w/ Vogue to raise funds through an auction for the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights, and these were only a few item on a list of straight drool-worthiness up for grabs in honor of Earth Day’s 40th Anniversary.
If your tastes are more Italian, how about two front row tickets to Missoni's next show, PLUS lunch and a fitting with Angela Missoni? Oh, were you really looking for all balls-out glamour? You can snag a fitting with, and dress from, Armani for next year’s Vanity Fair Oscar party–because the winner gets two tickets to that, too.
Oh, fashion peeps. How I hate each and everyone of you...
Jelly? Me? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.
Okay, not really.... BUT, my "I'm a gay little kid, so my dream grandmother is Angela Lansbury" Grammie sure did! No, but really. I used to pretend she was my grandmother. Cause she's FABULOUS. Her outfits in her older gigs? Ummm, FEATHERS and SEQUINS. 'Nough said, I know all my 'moes out there got my back...
Any-howdidmymothernotknow, the screen SLASH stage SLASH anywhere she wants to act because she's fucking ANGELA LANSBURY legend was honored by the Signature Theater as the first recipient of the Stephen Sondheim award at a black-tie gala in the Embassy of Italy (NYC). The award is named after Stephen Sondheim, an accomplished and critically acclaimed composer linked to some of Broadway's most well know shows, and it honors a performer's contributions to interpreting, supporting, and collaborating on Sondheim's musical works
And get that 'Murder, She Wrote' and Mrs. Potts shit outta your head, cause this bitch can WORK. Her professional life spans more than a half-century during which she EXPLODED all over the performing arts world, first as a star in motion pictures (what am I, 90yo?), then as a five-time Tony Award-winning Broadway musical star. Two of my Grammie's Tonys are for Stephen Sondheim musicals: the role of Mama Rose in the revival of Gypsy (1974) and her RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING version of Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd (1979).
Seriously, though. As a kid, I used to sit and watch this woman CRAZY-IT-UP in movies like Gaslight and The Manchurian Candidate (the OG, not that Meryl/Denzel/Leiv shit). Not to mention the HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS, of times I've watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks, lost in a world chalked w/ techicolor waves of 'magic' and creepy ass bookkeepers, thinking to myself, "If that bitch were MY Grammie, I'd work it OUT. We'd sing and dance and be fabulous all the time, and she'd cast spells on my bed to make to fly and shit, all the while controlling the mind of a young soldier to murder the President of the United States of America..........." (see: The Manchurian Candidate. This is NOT a plot take out Obama)
That's normal for a 6 year old to think, right? ....Right? ....RIGHT?
Oh screw you, she's FAB and getting an award. AND SHE USED TO LOOK LIKE THIS:
GO TEAM GRAMMIE!!
YAOW! Chameleon SLASH genius actress Tilda Swinton graces the double-covers of Dazed and Confused for our eyes delight and, more importantly, because she has a new gig coming up, the film 'Io Sono L'amore' (I Am Love), due to wow Italian audiences March 19, 2010.
Isn't she gorgeous? I mean, you can stare at this cover for HOURS... She looks like a man, but a woman, but a man, but a woman... I've very confused.... DAZED AND CONFUSED! HAA! ....okay so that was mega obvious, SHOOT ME.
Look for her mug(s) on newsstand shelves May 2010...
Monday, April 12, 2010
Despite the fashion world’s love of every glittery thing that Kate Moss shits out, the not for profit museum’s had a bitch of a time finding a corporate sponsor for the exhibition. PR for the museum, which has housed retrospective installments for Balenciaga, Madeleine Vionnet and Christian Lacroix, said this to Woman's Wear Daily:
“Cultural patronage is never a priority for companies [oh, hell naw!], but given the wide range of companies Kate’s worked for, from Nikon to Chanel, Virgin Mobil to Dior and the heaps of money each and every one has made off of the supermodel, we’re surprised no one’s stepped up to attach their name to the exhibition."Alright L.A.D.,. I mean come on. It's a tad bit early have anything called the Kate Moss "myth" OR have anyone take a stroll down her ‘long’ career—the bitch is only only 36–so it makes me wonder what the hell they put on display, anyhow?
Hey Les Art Decortifs? Hollah at a bitch when you put the entire contents of Katie's closet over the last 20 years on display. Cause when you do, the money, and the peeps, will be coming in fucking floods. TRUST.
Peep these pics of Russian model Princess Natalia in a tragic-princess themed shoot for Vogue Paris. Queen of the supermodels Natalia Vodianova has been quickly gaining props amongst the fashion elite, and she has been dubbed ‘Princesse Natalia’ in Vogue Paris' April 2010 editorial.
The impressive editorial features the brunette goddess working the hauteness in jewel tones, slammin' accessories and makeup fit for royalty. The ‘Princesse Natalia’ Vogue Paris spread was shot by photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, and the Russian beauty, who was styled the fabulous Carine fucking Roitfeld herself (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), works pieces from Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Yves Saint Laurent.
Still no clue who this Natalia chick is? Well, lemme tell ya.... See more pics a deets on Natalia Vodianova in the jump!
I don't even know where to begin w/ this...
So this is the video for "O" from the anonymous group (yes, we really don't know who they are) calling themselves iamamiwhoami... The song sounds like a Bat for Lashes record, mixed w/ a little Kate Bush, and a shot of The Knife. VERY, interesting... GOOD, but interesting...
ZERO is known about them except that it's rumoured the woman featured in their videos is Jonna Lee, a 29 year old Swedish musician. Like I said, mega mystery, so I'mma do my best to fill you in... More info about iamamiwhoami in the jump...
Click the jump to read more, and see some clips!
- Jane Lynch covers "Vogue" Scared of her, she's FAN...
- Wanna Buy a Week With Anna Wintour?
- MY GRANDMA WON AN AWARD!!!
- Tilda Swinton on the cover of Dazed and Confused
- 'Kate Moss Myth' Canned
- Natalia Vodianova in Vogue Paris
- iamamiwhoami Music Video- "O"
- He's BACK! My fav gaysian lip sycs "Bootylicious"...
- And THIS is why I heart Lady Gaga
- Why don't we have MSGM in the states again?
- Get her, Nicki. Get her.
- Throw in the Towel: Friday April 9, 2010
- OMFG! Ke¢ha gets worked over by a GAYSIAN!
- Gweneth Paltrow hates everybody. True story.
- Corin Tucker's First Solo Album After Sleater-Kinn...
- OH NO! RIP Malcolm McLaren...
- The GORGEOUS Anne Sophie Monrad for Marie Claire I...
- Brooklyn Hates Butt Crack. True story....
- SHUT THE FUCK UP, Ke¢ha.
- Reposting this cause I can. And Cause it's BANGIN...
- Rachel Zoe giving up heels.
- Throw in the Towel: Wednesday April 17, 2010
- Civil rights mafia queen MIA talks Lady Gaga, Goog...
- Jonas Akerlund for V Magazine: Tokyo Hard Core
- I Can't Go For That, No Can Do.
- WAITFORIT: Don't Cry for Me, Manila!
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!
- Holy MOONSPOON, Batgirl.... WTF, Sweden?
- Hey 'member when singers used to sing? BOO, Usher...
- Robyn has 3 albums to release this year...
- Cy Choi makes me wanna pee my pants...
- Holy Moly.
- Throw in the Towel: Monday April 5th, 2010
- Wanda Sykes spoofs Erykah Badu's Video "Window Sea...
- 'Precious' to host SNL w/ MGMT as mucial guest
- Elton John wants to do duet w/ Lady Gaga for "Bond...
- Did you know Jimmy Franco's brother looked like th...
- Aubrey O'day is an IDIOT.
- TRUE BLOOD "Waiting Sucks" Season 3 Promo Vid
- Did you know that Bum Bitches come from planet Bum...
- Who? Exactly.
- Peep these Ferragamo Studded Githa tires...
- First Single from Nicki Minaj "Massive Attack" (VI...
- The most killingest pop star on the planet gives u...
- ▼ April (45)