Search

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Brooklyn Hates Butt Crack. True story....












WTF.

These ads, posted on GIANT billboards around New York's Brooklyn, are part of a campaign of NY Senator Eric Adams' launch against butt crack.  I wasn't aware the government was handing out fashion tips? The ass-phobic law makers says this:
"It's part of a larger campaign ... to tell our young people and our community as a whole, we are better than this," Adams told CNN, adding that the sagging trend originated from prison culture. According to the former New York police captain, "I policed all over the city. ... The first indicator of whether a young person was in trouble was the way they dressed." (full article here)
"A young person"?  FUCK. YOU Sen. Adams.  I've seen tons of "old people" looking a MESS on the streets, and I don't think I ever once said, "Oh shit, that guy's future is entirely bleak." I mean, I get it, I do. I get it. Your appearance reflects who you are.  But what if that's exactly who they are?  What if that's their inherit style? You're gonna harass them cause you don't LIKE IT? Gimme a flippin' break.  PLUS, you're gonna make a flash judgment on someone based on how they LOOK?  Fine line, Senator.  Fine line.

And apparently this isn't the first time public officials have tried to step in and make "young men" hike their shit up.  States like Florida, Michigan, and Virginia have all tried their hands at the Swag-not-Sag fight.  All failed attempts BTDubs. BECAUSE IT'S A STUPID WASTE OF MONEY.

Feel free to send the ol' Sennie pooh a letter if you feel so inclined:

NY Sen. Eric Adams
572 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11225
Phone: (718) 284-4700

via WIVB (thanks Mama Mia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive